5th Grade Warm Color Trees
Mr. LaBonte's class created these amazing tree paintings. They are still in the process of completion. Unfortunately, we will be missing days due to NO SCHOOL days. We have art on Thursdays, which we do not have a lot of in November.
The following steps w completed over a few weeks of classes.
1. Tape off tree design on cardboard using masking tape.
2. Paint over the tape with desired background color.
(My students were required to use warm colors - red, orange, yellow, and pink)
3. Let the paint try and apply a second coat if needed.
4. Remove masking tape very carefully.
5. Paint tree space black to create a tree silhouette.
6. Add details like metallic paint, sequins, glitter, etc for some pizazz.
7. Add finishing coat of Mod Podge to seal paint.