6th Grade Coil Pots are starting to transform with tempera PAINT! Check out what they used to look like before being fired HERE.
Next week, students have one more day to finish up their project. Check back for final pictures soon!
1st Graders are already starting up on a Valentine's Day surprise... first step - Dot painting with tempera paint! :)
6th Grade students FINALLY finished up the tempera batiks we started back near Halloween season. I am happy with the results, but we learned our lesson when it comes to time frames.
A new addition to the art room this past week were Bistro Markers! I was starting to get annoyed with the chalk in my room. I constantly was wiping the dust off my hands, and sneezing. SO... I researched for an alternative. I found Bistro markers, which work similar to a standard paint marker. They write on the board, but can wipe off with a mere wet sponge. No complaints there! And the kids love the neon colors :)
5th Grade Warm Color Trees
Mr. LaBonte's class created these amazing tree paintings. They are still in the process of completion. Unfortunately, we will be missing days due to NO SCHOOL days. We have art on Thursdays, which we do not have a lot of in November.
The following steps w completed over a few weeks of classes.
1. Tape off tree design on cardboard using masking tape.
2. Paint over the tape with desired background color.
(My students were required to use warm colors - red, orange, yellow, and pink)
3. Let the paint try and apply a second coat if needed.
4. Remove masking tape very carefully.
5. Paint tree space black to create a tree silhouette.
6. Add details like metallic paint, sequins, glitter, etc for some pizazz.
7. Add finishing coat of Mod Podge to seal paint.